Friday, May 30, 2008

Been on vacation



MY DEBUT AT THE RYMAN
While on vacation, we visited the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN, original home of the Grand Ole Opry. During tours, they had a photographer and you could get on stage and he'd take your picture behind a microphone (it wasn't on). Well, when it was my turn, I decided to yodel--I wasn't about to miss a chance to sing on the stage at the Ryman! There were about 150-160 people touring at this time and the auditorium got very quiet as people quit talking when I started. When I was finished, they applauded. The acoustics in that place are amazing. The people in the back of the balcony could hear me even without a mic. When I told my kids and mom and mentioned that I was the only tourist who sang during their photo, they replied to a person--well that's no surprise! (Do they know me or what?!) Checking one thing off my "bucket list"! More later.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yayyyyyyyy, Anita!!!!!!!


K

CurliSu said...

Anita,
You are one truly amazing person!
Sue