Monday, June 9, 2008

Respite Care

Oh. My. Gosh. My son and his wife volunteered to keep Richard last weekend. Rich really wanted to see Bryan--he rode his bike about 10 miles in the heat last week to visit his workplace. We're not sure but think he may have ridden on I-35, His work is just off the interstate. Rich was so excited he ask me everyday when he was going.

Bry picked his dad up after work on Friday. I had planned to go see the "Sex in the City" movie and get a bite to eat. Instead I finally rummaged in the refrigerator and ate some leftovers and knitted and read all evening.

Saturday, I slept late--no one standing beside the bed at 7:04am saying, "it's daylight". Then I got ready and wound my way to Gourmet Yarn and stayed there until about 3:30, knitting, visiting, relaxing. Did some shopping, picked up Swadley's Q for supper and headed home for another very pleasant and quiet evening. Sunday, again I slept in, then drank my coffee and read my paper in bed! woo-hoo! I was very naughty and skipped church, but I figured God would understand. Bryan took Rich fishing early Sunday morning and brought Rich home about 2:00. We all had a wonderful weekend!!

This is the first time in ayear that I've had a break from Alzheimer's and I was way past due. Bryan said they decided to take Rich about every 6 weeks and give me and him a break. I told him that was the best gift they could ever give me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you that you got a weekend to yourself! And (the best part) more to come!! Your son doesn't have room for one more, does he??

Anonymous said...

Anita, that sounds like you had a very nice break. I'm very happy your son realizes you need one.

Kay

Anonymous said...

You were way past deserving it. I've been worried about you. It was great having you at the shop!

Emily said...

So glad for you. Yay!