Sunday, October 26, 2008

October stuff




Okay, so in October my mother, my Aunt Lavonna, and my Uncle Darrell all turned 80 year old. Their children (my cousins and my sister and me) decided to throw a big birthday party for them. they all go to the same church so deciding where to have it was easy, we split up the tasks and it was a really fun party! And the first time in years that the family has been together and no funerals were involved! All the first cousins were there except of course my deceased sister. This is a picture of all my first cousins on the Hern side of my family. I'm the oldest as they are so fond of reminding me!! I have a bunch more on the Russell side. I'm the oldest on that side too. Imagine that! lucky enough to be the first grandchild on both sides of the family!!
And here are the birthday people with their cakes. Aren't they cute? A good time was had by all.










Here is Carter busted with the evidence all over his face and in his hands (Oreo cookies)

I had a picture of Carter beinging a big armload of my yarn to me but I can't seem to find it now??
Oh well, later I guess toodles....Anita

4 comments:

Chellie said...

Was that the picture I took? I sure love reading your blog..

Anonymous said...

Oh, Carter is getting so big and handsome!!

CurliSu said...

Looks like a great time! Glad you got to do it!

Linda said...

How nice! Was it a surprise?