Monday, January 5, 2009

Bits and Pieces

What a busy month. Well it's a new year--begin again.

Mom had open heart surgery, was in the hospital/rehab for 17 days, is home now and wants to drive! Being forced to stay at home isn't any fun I guess. Myself I just got tired of cooking 3 meals a day during my two week vacation! It was almost a relief to go back to work.

I finished Tayten's Christmas stocking (great-nephew),
Carter's Christmas stocking (grandson) a short row scarf of Silk Garden Sock (gift for a friend),

and a vest of Baby Alpaca Grande (me) (picture coming soon) which will probably be too hot for me to ever wear considering I have terminal "hot". Not flashes (or power surges) just hot. All the time....this is such a special time of life….

I give a Christmas BookTalk in December several times so I spent most of the month reading Christmas novellas which is usually entertaining.

We saw 2 movies this season:“Four Christmases--very funny and “Marley--also very entertaining.
'nuff for now....later....thanks for dropping by....Anita

1 comment:

Chellie said...

Carter's stocking turned out great! I love it. I finished Nate's, but now I need to finish mine, I started other things instead. I just made myself a scarf and hat.. I wore it on air yesterday morning.. I'll have to take a picture.