Friday, March 20, 2009

You're free Chees-y Bread!!

Remember the Domino Pizza ad for cheese-y bread with the little girl trying to set it free out in the yard? No? Oh...well, never mind then.

The lovely and stylish purple cast came off my leg a couple weeks ago to be replaced with a really ugly and heavy boot (at least that's what they call it). The first couple days I kicked myself several times on the side of my right foot until I learned to walk with my feet apart. Probably looks pretty strange from the back but it is what it is. And then I somehow plopped my crutch on my right "little piggy that had none" and I smashed it darn good. As I"m groaning in pain my daughter says, "Well Mom!! Why did you do that?" like I did it on purpose! Anyhow two more weeks of this and back to the doctor for a verdict of whether or not I'm totally healed.

I finally finished the brown Silk Garden scarf and it's pretty but that was a weird experience. I had to go buy a 3rd. ball of yarn because the two I had were so very different that they looked like different colorways. It turned out pretty but I've decided that one needs to be careful with Silk Garden. When making a Lady Eleanor it doesn't really matter if they are different or not cause Ms Ellie is such a riot of color and I love that.

Also I'm almost done with the Heartbeat Sweater by Just One More Row. It's a really cute pattern but I just haven't enjoyed knitting it. Too much guessing for me, I like definite instructions. But I know I'm going to like it when finished just prolly won't ever make another. I've got a long list of projects and just keep buying yarn. Oh well keeps me off the train tracks (that's a story for another time) and I just want to start and finish a bunch of things NOW!! So many projects, so little time.

I'm kind of giddy today. I'm getting a break from care-giving this weekend and I am so looking forward to my time. He's getting worse and I'm getting worried about safety. It is so difficult to basically lock a person up when they want to be free even if for their own well-being. Guess I'll be crossing that bridge in the next few weeks.

Okay so that's really about all I have to talk about. Toodles...Anita

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you'd gotten out of the cast yet. I'm glad to hear you've done as well as you have with those crutches. I couldn't do it! lol Take care!