Thursday, July 9, 2009

Scenic Site Saturation

Yep that’s what I said—I reached the Scenic Site Saturation Point and I knew if I looked at one more beautiful site in Colorado that my eyes would explode. But it’s kind of hard to not see the beauty in Colorado.

We took a vacation last week to Colorado Springs and visited all the places you are supposed to visit there: Royal Gorge, Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs Cliff dwellings, Cripple Creek (yuck), the Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad, Pikes’ Peak-where-I-ate-a-donut-and-thought-I-was-going-to-faint-not-from-the-donut-but-from-the-thin-air. Hard to breathe up there. I was rushing to the restroom thinking I’d better go cause if I faint I might wet my pants and that would never do. I didn't--faint or wet my pants. We also had supper and a music show at the Flying W Ranch, and another supper at this restaurant that is partly made from an airplane. Pretty cool. There are gift shops everywhere and I am a grandmother…do I need to elaborate? I didn’t think so.

I only took one project, my Advent Scarf, to work on and that was a mistake. Some of those lace patterns are just to complicated to work on in a crowd. So I knitted and tinked knitted and tinked knitted and tinked then finally gave up. Got it going again after we got home. So 13 hours of knitting wasted, but it kept me out of trouble.

I’ve had something of an epiphany but I’m not ready to talk about it yet.

1 comment:

CurliSu said...

Anything that keeps you out of trouble is not a complete waste!
I'd love to hear - or read - about your epiphany.