Saturday, December 29, 2007

I set sale for GY

Got myself up this morning, got myself ready to face the day, and after just one crisis, headed out the door about 10:15 to the Gourmet Yarn Co. Sale and then to do my grocery shopping. I'm still re-couping from the power outage where I lost everything in the fridge and freezer. Well one thing led to another--such as friends showing up at the shop--and 3 hours later we were headed to lunch. Got home close to 4:00 and still haven't gone to the grocery store! I decided if we didn't have it then we didn't need to eat it until tomorrow....assuming I'm in the mood to go to the store then!
I got some good buys-pretty yarn at the sale, used my Christmas gift certificate, and I'm happy.
This is Boomerang in the Alaska color and the Plymouth Royal Llama silk in the purpleish color. It's going to be the 3-button wrap and other is for a Mr. Greenjeans. At least that's the plan today. Who knows what will happen when I finally get to begin those projects. You know how it is--so much yarn, so little time.
I'm beginning to feel so smart! I seem to be figuring this blogging thing out somewhat. I'm just a little bit computer challenged. And I'm ready to throw the MP3 player against the wall. The clerk at Target promised me that this was a really simple player and even I would be able to figure it out. un-huh.... All I want to do is listen to audio books while I knit....
Well I think I'm ready to announce myself to the Oklahoma Knitters group even though I haven't finished adding everything I want to add. more later..... and thanks for dropping by!

6 comments:

CurliSu said...

Welcome!

Susan said...

Good buys and a gift certificate! Can't beat a deal like that. Welcome to blogland, Anita

Emily said...

Yay you! You blogger, you!

Carolyn said...

Welcome to the world of blogdom!! Glad to see you here!

Knitted Zebra said...

If I had not already been to OKC twice this week, I would have made the journey to GYC! Hated to miss out on that sale! You bought some beautiful yarn!

Delores

Anonymous said...

Hi, Anita! I'm so glad you took some time to be with friends! You're always doing for others and have been through so much lately that you need more like a whole month off! Good to see you at the Knit-In last night! MG