Monday, December 31, 2007

It's always the little things

This morning I got out my brand new small memo book with the elastic attached to hold it
closed (too cool) opened it and began my last to-do list of 2007.

#1. Tag Agency- get truck tag remember ins. veri. card
#2. Take title of old car to car lot from trade in
#3. Gourmet yarn--wind all the yarn I bought at the sale
#4. Borders--get 2008 Pattern a Day calendar (on sale half price woo-hoo) (does anybody else look at all of them first? What if something happened to me and I didn't get to see them all? then I'd have to spend eternity curious as to what I missed.. I'm the same way about my vacation but that's for another posting)
#5. well that's enough. Some of my list will transfer to tomorrow's list of things to do, and some will continue to transfer maybe never to get done. Such a little thing to give such a big sense of accomplishment when I can draw a line thru each completed item. sigh...it really is the little things....

Speaking of little things, heres a picture of my grandson who is now 11 months old:
That's his mom holding him. He's been walking for almost a month now and even takes a few running steps now and then. I also have a beautiful grand daughter who will be 16 in Jan. but I haven't loaded any current pictures of her so I'll have to add her picture later.
Then there's this little thing: my mp3 player which I'm ready to throw on the floor and stomp on! The young man at Target said (even) I would be able to operate it. I beg to differ. You'd think anybody that tries as hard as I do to keep up with the times could have a small measure of success but apparently noooooo....
Here I sit all alone, everyone else in bed (in Carter's case, thank heavens) as I wait for the new year to begin. In all honesty I wouldn't still be up except my niece is a reporter on KFOR and she's covering Opening Night downtown in OKC and I want to watch her.
Happy New Year to everyone!! See you next year!

4 comments:

psammeadred said...

Any luck with the MP3 player? I hope it gets better for you. Is it an iPod or another model? I just got an iPod, and it's a bit tricky at first. Good luck! And if you're interested in audio books, try www.librivox.org - it's a free audio book site with books in the public domain.

Oh, and your grandson is too cute! Do you think he'll be a knitter when he gets bigger?

Happy Blogging!
Bethany M.

Anonymous said...

I got my MP3 player (NON-Ipod brand) last summer and I am with you. Whatever happened to a complete instruction booklet coming with the device you purchase??? lol

Anonymous said...

I got a MP3 player from my daughter and as I sat glassy-eyed while her husband tried to tell me how to operate it; my daughter exclaimed, "I told you I should have opened it and downloaded the music for Mom." When you get yours figured out - will you show me??? Please? Please??? lol

Anonymous said...

Oh, btw, have you looked on March 31???