Friday, January 4, 2008

Blocked!

I think I have "knitter's block". You know kind of like writer's block? I can't figure it out, I have literally hundreds of patterns, miles of yarn, enough time and I just can't seem to get started and stay with any projects. I thought I might need drugs...but then I remembered that I already take drugs (the legal kind) so I'm wondering if I need fewer drugs....? or maybe more....? Hmph. I just don't know what the problem is.

I think sometimes life just gets in the way. I work all day, come home, cook and clean (not nearly as much as I should probably)--but we all do that, right? I'm a caregiver for my husband who has dementia and sometimes (well really often) that's pretty intense and demanding. He's fairly self-sufficient but not entirely. My daughter and her baby live with us so although I'm not a grandparent raising grandchildren, I'm helping.

Our power was out for almost 8 days during the ice storm and I had to work really hard at being grateful for all the people who offered us places to stay and fed and cared for us instead of being angry that all our neighbors had power and we didn't. We fell in that group of people who were served last by the repair crews because there were just a few of us in each spot. (oops guess I'm still a little bit angry) BTW a big thank you to Sandy at Gourmet who caught me at the worst of my hysteria during that time. Oh well I'll go to the Knit In tomorrow night and get inspired!

Does anyone read the quilting series by Jennifer Chiaverini? I really enjoy her books because they could just as easily be knitting, but the one I just finished was a bit of a letdown. I realise that it was probably intended as a "holiday story" cause it's a very short novella, but it pretty much repeated things from previous books. Still worth reading though. I've started Hand of Evil by J.A. Jance. She's a really good author.

Here's a couple pix from Alaska last summer, so beautiful. Lush and stark.















and one more of the glacier. It's pretty amazing.
Such a beautiful state and such an interesting population. I wanted to ask people how they got to Alaska. I thought of "Northern Exposure" everywhere I looked, remember that show?
I've got to get some knitting posted--if I ever get anything finished/started...
Okay, I feel better now. see you later.......






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anita, I think you're amazing - especially since I know how you keep smiling and managing very well whether you think so or not.

Remember to take care of yourself, too. You're worth it!