Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday Morning Going Down

I get out of bed early Sunday morning. I have on my nice blue long nightgown with little cap sleeves and a lacy v-neckline. Over this I put my (favorite) ancient, worn out, shabby, stained, faded, pink terrycloth robe. I get my cup of coffee and sit down to read the paper. Soon I notice that my feet are cold so I go and get my red furry slippers, sit back down. Soon it feels like the temperature in our house drops a bunch and I go put on my burgundy sweats with the seat seam coming apart but if I wear them under something long no one can tell. (notice I haven't removed anything thus far) Finally, I'm comfortable and I finish reading the paper and drinking my coffee. Are you visualizing this yet?

Totally unsuspecting, I head to the bathroom to take my shower, spot myself in the mirror and wonder who that (homeless?) woman is and how did she get in my bathroom! I darn near scared myself looking in the mirror! (you might not realize I still had bedhead!)

I go in the front room to my unsuspecting husband and ask if he's noticed how lovely I'm looking this morning and how I dressed up just especially for him? He replies that yes he has noticed but figured it was in his own best interest not to mention anything, in particular, my attire.....

Darn I hate getting old, but being comfortable is really a good thing.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I've put together a few of those "outfits" myself. Lexi never seems to mind as long as she has access to my lap when she wants it. :-)

anna said...

Too funny!!! But I know what you mean..... such a good visualization!!!

Carolyn said...

I love those kind of outfits these days!! Are you sure it wasn't me that you saw in that mirror?...sure sounds like my attire this morning!

Anonymous said...

I love "hag" days. We all need more of them!