Monday, January 28, 2008

Party Hearty--All Fall Down

Whoa I completely forgot about the parties when I posted last night. It's been a party filled weekend. First, we celebrated Carter's first birthday with what turned out to be quite a gathering of folks including three babies. One could hardly turn around in our not-so-big-but-warm-and-loving house, but gosh did we have fun. The house now looks like a day care with all the toys and Grandpa tripped over something and nearly fell on Carter (sitting on the floor) but recovered nicely with no injuries just lots of whoops!

Sunday, I was invited to lunch with a group of fiber fanatics Christmas Party (slightly delayed by the ice storm). They were so much fun and so funny and I'm just thrilled to be a part of this laughing group. I really look for opportunities to laugh...sometimes it's easy to forget.

Today I accomplished a fall that was pretty spectacular even for me. (I do all my own stunts) I was climbing into the library (3/4 ton) van. I have to step on the running board, grab the steering wheel to balance myself, then finish climbing in as it's very high off the ground and I'm not. Well something happened--I have no idea what--and I began tumbling backwards. I recall thinking uh-oh I'm going to hit my head as down I went. When everything stopped moving (that would be me) I was lying on the ground with one foot stuck under the seat of the van, (up in the air I might add thank heavens I wear britches most of the time) which was something of a stretch for me being five foot tall and the rest of me sort of hanging upside down and on the ground. As I looked under the door across the parking lot I saw one of the maintenance guys who hollered are you okay?” Yes I answered when I could catch my breath from laughing. And again yes when he came dashing over to help me up. I once told people that I fall down so often that it doesn't even embarrass me anymore, but this one was a trick. I sort of wish I had a picture....or maybe not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your fall was with no injuries!

Heidi Port said...

Oh my word, Anita! You are so entertaining - at least your last fall was right outside my window so I could check to make sure you were okay!

Are they going to get a little step ladder for you to use with the van?

I am really glad you're okay! :) HP

Linda said...

Oh no! Are you sore now? That's what usually happens to me. I think I'm fine, then a day or two later... ugh!

My Mom calls me Grace for a reason...