Monday, February 11, 2008

Noticing

Wow! Where does the time go. It's been two whole weeks since I've posted. Life is just too fast, has anybody else noticed that?


speaking of noticing, I've been noticing something about my stash. It's inadequate. I have lots of yarn but I don't seem to have enough of anything to make more than a scarf. I'm not sure why this is. Used to be that I couldn't afford to buy large amounts of nicer yarns (I can now if I want to) so I'd just buy 1-2-3 skeins or hanks of something for--probably a scarf! Another variation of my problem was that I'd buy enough but never could find a pattern that fit the yarn so I began only buying larger amounts when I already had a pattern selected. But that doesn't seem to have worked either. Either I lose interest in the pattern or lose the pattern itself! So now I can't decide whether to keep all these 1-2 skeins or get rid of them. I do like to make scarves and lots of them will work for mittens too, but still.... I know Linda keeps a store--I mean stash--so when she finds something she wants to make, she's ready. That rarely happens for me. What are your buying habits? Tell me what you think I should do with all my bits and pieces. I might add that I've grown quite attached to some of them. ;)

On the needles: I've got about 3 more rows and bind off, then block my comfort shawl. I think that it's just warm and cozy enough. I'm going to put some buttons on it so it can be worn over the shoulders without falling off.
I'm back to working on my socks that I've had going since August I think, maybe longer. Time to finish. I only have 3 pair of socks that I've made and I'm wearing them out.
I finally started the Baby Alpaca Grande Vest but of course I bought the wrong yarn so I'm having to adjust the pattern. I think it will work out. If not...there's always the frog pond!

I'm reading Cross Bones by Kathy Reichs. If you like CSI or those types of shows, she's perfect for you. I just finished Tell-Tale Horse by Rita Mae Brown, another good author.

Singing: I've lost my picks so I can't play my autoharp. They've got to be around here somewhere. Sometimes I think I live next door to a black hole the way things seem to vanish.
So choir is my current singing outlet. good training.

Clog: well clogging has definitely taken a back burner. I'm planning to go to a workshop in Texas in March if I can get away. There are just sooo many things to do and not enough time to do them all! I'm definitely going to have to be re-incarnated eventually.

toodles, Anita

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've given myself permission to buy yarn that is for fondling purposes only. Maybe that is how you should view some of those skeins of yarn you love but don't want to get rid of.