Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Out of my mind......

My grandson Carter has been sick. He made it all the way to one full year and two weeks before he got an ear infection, but he's got one in both ears! And both eyes are practically swollen shut. Poor little guy...but the Amoxycillan kicked butt and took names (so to speak) and he's so much better tonight. (I've never really quite understood that expression but for some reason I've always like it? go figure)

I read in a friends blog about the loss of a new life and I feel so sad for her and her family. Sometimes things can seem nearly unbearable. I know that for a fact as I'm sure most of us do.

I really love my mysteries, Janet Evanovich is a hoot. I try to read things that make me laugh--I know mysteries and laughter seem mutually exclusive but some of them are funny. Have you ever read the Southern Sisters series by Anne George? They are laugh-out-loud hilarious. Sadly she passed away after only 7 books. I belong to the OK. State Literacy Coalition and am chairing the "cookbook" committee. It's tougher than pulling hen's teeth to drag recipes from everyone. They want to share them it just seems tough to do it. I understand. If I have to I'll just put in all my favorites and make up names of contributors to go along with them! So if you see your name in a cookbook, think nothing of it.....Billie Letts (Where the Heart Is and more) says she gets all her characters by studying strangers.

Knitting: finally finished the comfort shawl and hope to deliver it tomorrow night. Bought my Noro Silk Garden for the Lady Eleanor. Remembered today that I bought yarn for a Ms. Greenjeans, and still want to make a rounb washcloth which I never have. Got two multidirectional scarves going. And the ever faithful (same) pair of socks! And I've got to stop knitting from time to time and work on my Sudoku puzzle. Is anyone else hooked on those? In my opinion it takes a rocket scientist to do a crossword but I can do sudokus.

There was something I really wanted to talk about tonight, but it seems to have left me....

About a month ago, my husband (the one with with Alzeimer's) (well actually my only husband) was stopped for running a stop sign and his driver's license is being revoked. To add insult to injury the ticket cost $172, those stop signs are expensive. Anyhow, it's been a rough few weeks. He's very angry but the funny part is he knows his truck isn't working (hmmmm imagine that) but he forgets he doesn't have a license. This is such a strange disease. I hate it.

I think I'll post a picture. This is on the ship our last night at sea headed home from Alaska. The moon was so pretty shining on the water that I tried to capture it.
toodles....

3 comments:

Emily said...

I tagged you on my blog. . .

Anonymous said...

I adore Billie Letts. I wish she had more books.

anna said...

I recently discovered two books by Anne George...(my friend gave them to me)...and you are right...she is sooooo funny...I did laugh out loud at a lot of places and poor hubby had to hear what I was laughing at...... I want her other books. My prayers are with you and your hubby. My hubby's grandfather had that disease and it is awful!