Monday, February 18, 2008

Age--bah humbug!!

Yesterday I worked "move in" day (6-count 'em, six! hours) at the huge Friends of the Library Booksale. Boy was that a mistake! I discovered what I already suspected--I'm waaay too old to do that kind of physical labor anymore---not that I'm that old, just too old for that work....what was I thinking???? Moving thousands of (heavy) boxes of books into the Made in Oklahoma Building seemed like a good idea when I volunteered for it but....I guess that's what I get for thinking. However, there is a pay-off. Because I busted my buns trying to carry boxes most of the day, I get to go to the pre-sale, a 2-hour preview where we're restricted to just a few books but it sure is fun to look at them all. It was all I could do to restrain myself from ripping open the boxes labeled "crafts" and look for knitting books! But I behaved. Besides I was injured 3 times--no surprise right? My boob got smushed by a box sliding rapidly down the rollers (I didn't realise they stuck out that far), I was whacked on the arm by something-who knows what-and someone dropped a box of books on my foot and at first I thought I had a broken toe but it wasn't.

Regardless, I suggest you visit the Booksale this coming weekend. Saturday and Sunday are free, Friday night you have to join the Friends ($10) to get in. Books are very inexpensive, magazines almost free, lots of dvd's and cd's--it's a great bargain. and did I mention that it's fun!

I'm finally working on the Baby Alpaca Grande Vest by Plymouth in pink and I like it. It's a pretty quick and easy knit but alpaca seems to get in my throat and make me cough. Does it bother anyone else?

I was on TV today-not that anyone besides my mother saw me. Not that I even wanted them to! I was interviewed on Channel 9 about the Winter Readfest Reading program for senior citizens. I wasn't scared but my body sure isn't tv camera friendly.

If you missed the Knitter's Guild meeting, you missed a good time. Linda P. taught us 4 cast-ons. She's a very good teacher and explains techniques quite well. A change of officers is always interesting. Each new year presents a bunch of new ideas, I hope they pan out and no one gets discouraged.

Well, I think it's time to rescue my knitting from the baby (grandson) and work on it some. He is such a busy little body but so cute!

toodles....Anita

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oooohhhh....the boob squish. I'm cringing...