Sunday, January 27, 2008

not so easy but workable

Well, having a blog is about as hard as I thought it would be. Seems as if there's never anything cheer-y to write about. It's been a busy week in Lake Woebegone--oops that's a different group! (and probably under copywrite protection) But it's still been a busy two weeks.

My husband, who has Alzheimer's was stopped for running a stop sign and as a result his driver's license has been revoked. Hell hath no fury like a man who isn't allowed to drive. And guess who he's been taking it out on?? The Dr. add Naminda to his meds and I think it's staring to kick in, his mood has improved a little bit. But it's heart-breaking to watch this disease do it's dirty work. The good news is: Safe Return works! The policeman called them who called me and I went and picked him up instead of him being taken to a hospital or the jail. I highly recommend it if you are in this situation. And I feel pretty good that if he wanders off that he'll be returned to me. Okay on to other things...
Like knitting. I'm working on a comfort shawl of Berocco Foliage for a friend with cancer. In the interest of speed I'm using a drop stitch pattern but it's turning out much better than I thought it would with that pattern, and size 13 needles.














Here's my finished Multi Directional Scarf of Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn and size 5 needles. Pattern from Simpatico Yarn in Texas. I love it and have received many compliments.













Okay next are the socks I've been working on for quite some time. They are of Regia Kaffee Fassett. I plan to finish them someday. Pattern is knit2, purl1 all the way down. Something simple, dare I say boring? which might be why they're going so slow. who knows?











Moving right along is the Heartbeat Sweater from Just One More Row made of Schaefer Laurel colorway Henen Hays. I'm finding this patterna bit of a challenge but think it will be worth it.














Hopefully soon I'll figure out how to place pictures and text so that they aren't so far apart!
And last but not least is another multi directional scarf of Shaefer Miss Priss Clara Barton.
Okay, maybe one more picture of the birthday boy-Carter.

Good way to close an entry. See you later!













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like Safe Return is a wonderful program. I'm glad you are a part of it.

Linda said...

Happy Birthday (a little late) to Carter.

Your hands are full. You're in my thoughts every day.