Friday, April 25, 2008

Knitting progress and philosphical thoughts

I noticed last night that an adorable darling 15-month-old grandson is just a smidgen less adorable when he won’t go to sleep at 3:00-5:00 am. Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and happy. Ya gotta smile back at him even through bleary eyes.

My Lady E is just 9 tiers short of being finished and fringed! I’ve mastered the skill of “knitting backwards” on this project too.

My long suffering /neglected socks are now having their little heels turned and they seem very happy about that. Don’t ask me how I know that, I just do….. And my Miss Priss Clara Barton colorway multi-directional scarf is about halfway through. You might ask (or not) how I’m accomplishing so much knitting suddenly. WELL! For the last 19 days, I’ve been hosting an author at several of our library branches who is doing a book talk and discussion about one of her books (it’s Rilla Askew and Fire in Beulah—a pretty amazing book—I recommend it) and while she talks-I knit! I’ve heard her talk many times but I can still knit and listen so I’m really making progress! It’s wonderful to be able to knit at work. :) !

I’ve been participating in the “10 on Tuesday” thingy you might have noticed and the one for last week was “10 Wonderful Things (or Things I Love) About My Life”. And to my dismay, I couldn’t think of 10 things. The Zomig is supposed to take care of that I thought but apparently not. And then just this week I started listening to “20 Wishes” by Debbie Macomber and so I’ve decided to sort of play the Glad Game (remember Pollyanna?) and try to get myself out of this bog I’m mired in. Yes, a lot of life is kind of stink-y right now but a lot of life isn’t! I’ll keep you posted as I come up with my 10 things and/or 20 wishes.

Is anybody reading this blog? I’ve said I write it for me but it’s nice if it gets read. I seldom get any commentss (and I’ve noticed I haven’t been added to some of my friend’s “favorite blogs to read” lists….just joking) It’s okay. So if you drop by, stop and say hi! Okay?

Toodles……Anita

+

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading and I probably haven't added you because my blogroll transferred overwhen I changed blog sites and I don't remember how to add off the top of my head. I'll have to dig into that. :-)

K

Anonymous said...

I'm reading when I get the chance! I just don't always have the time. Sorry to read you're feeling blue. I can understand why though. I thought life was suppose to be a cinch when we got to this age - how come it's harder??

CurliSu said...

Here I am! You're writing for me!
About that gloomy feeling - it may be contagious. I told someone just today that I think I am becoming an old grouch.
It is simply too easy to join in that game of talking about the bad things in life instead of the good.
I realize that I need to make an effort to think positive. (Ungrammatical but true!)

Fifty-some-odd years ago, Pollyanna was one of my favorite books/characters, but for some forgotten reason I didn't like the name of her friend Jimmy Bean.