Saturday, August 2, 2008

Funny youtube, cat observations, birthdays

HAPPY SATURDAY! It's a good day and this is my birthday month! I'll be 59 (shudder) How did I get to be 59? I remember waaay back in my 20's when I thought 55 was as old as I neeeded to get and I could pass on anytime after that....my how our perspective changes!

I am a librarian (sort of). This Youtube was circulating at work yesterday and I thought it good for a hot Saturday afternoon chuckle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB4HvVEMFig&NR=1

Carter is Bella’s Exercise Program

Carter, who is 18 months, adores Bella (the cat) , who is 4 years old and has never been particularly fond of children-or anybody else now that I think about it-except Richard. Carter is really quite gentle with her but she absolutely doesn’t trust him. Her favorite activities are eating and sleeping in no particular order. His favorite activities are running and yelling also in no particular order. He’ll spot her hiding/sleeping somewhere, kind of squeal and head towards her. She runs off; he follows at a brisk trot. She runs faster. He breaks into a full run and around and around the house they go until one of them gets tired/distracted or the other begs to be let out the door if she doesn’t have access to her pet door. As near as I can tell, this is the only exercise she gets. So I let them play chase. Of course I never let him try to pet her without supervision and he loves her. Too bad she doesn’t reciprocate; and they could live happily ever after……. As it is, it’s highly amusing to watch…..and she does need the exercise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I wish I had known for the Knit-In. We could have sang for you. Not as well as you sing but our heart would have been in it!