Saturday, February 21, 2009

movin' On

It's time to get past that venting post. It's two weeks into the "cast episode" of life and I'm learning to adjust. The leg doesn't hurt quite as much as it did and Tylenol takes care of that. I gave up hard drugs after the 3rd. fall off the crutches! BTW it's been 5 whole days since I last fell so I think I finally passed that learning curve.

Today is Friends of the Library Booksale and I really wanted to go but didn't get there. Next year. They always have so many knitting books that it really hurts to miss it! I just can't manage to get the wheelchair and me in and out of the car without potential disaster. This sure has slowed me down. I guess I needed to rest or something.

The trip to St. Louis was really fun. I didn't get as much yarn as I wanted to but did get some really good stuff. A hank of cashmere and silk in a pale pink that I love. It has 400 yeards and I figured I could make something with that but I think I'll try to get a second skein of it. It is sooo soft. I guess the price ($34) scared me off. That is my favorite from the trip. Several balls of Elsabeth Lavold Hempathy for Argosy scarves. I tried not to buy for the sake of buying and have so many scarves planned that I erred on the side of cautious I guess.

OTN I finally picked up the Heartbeat sweater again. I think it's going to work okay this time but I really don't like the pattern. It leaves too much to by guess/by gosh for me. I like finite measurements! I've been making soapsacks in the hopes of creating the perfect pattern. Rich has trouble with the soap and the washcloth together in the shower so I thought this might simplify things. I used it and like it so we'll see. The Silk Garden color 47 scarf has fallen out of favor so it's resting until it can learn to behave (I learned about time-out for projects from Karen M. on the trip) The two balls, same color same dye lot but so different that I can't decide if I can live with it or not. It's a gift and I'm not sure I want to give away something that I don't like.

Speaking of...two years ago on the yarn jaunt to Fort Worth I got the pattern for the Round Trip Shrug in Knitter's Magazine and also in a Best of IRX Book. I thought it was so cute and made it and didn't like how it fit at all. Last weekend while my (very good) friend Rebecca was cleaning my house for me while incapacitated she ask me what to do with it. (she found it probably on the floor beside my bed) I said oh that thing...and she said she liked it. I made her try it on and it looked really cute on her so I told her to take it home-it was hers now! And that made us both happy!

It's been a quiet day. Our friend came by and took Rich out for a while which was good for him. I think he's ready for me to go back to work! I'm very grateful for the help and love.

Well, guess that's it for now. Kacie is taking me to the Mall tomorrow and I'm so excited I can hardly wait. Weird, I'm not really that much of a go-to-the-mall person but the whole idea of an outing is so exciting!! Toodles.....Anita

No comments: