Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's very white

It's very white outside and very cold and very windy. So much of all these things that basically all Christmas Eve Services in town nhave been cancelled. And that just doesn't happen in the Bible Belt. We personally have been in all day snug as a bug in a (knitted of course) rug. And also of course the tv stations were ecstatic 'cause they got to do "Blizzard 2009" coverage all. day. long. B o r i n g. The malls are going to be screaming cause they all had to shut down early although I heard some newscast person suggesting they stay open and let people who are stranded come in for warmth and sleeping. Not a completely bad idea I guess.

I finally decided to put up a tree and bought a really cute little 4 ft. artificial tree that I think will do me for the rest of our lives with lights already on it. White lights aren't my favorite but I'm planning to replace them with colored bulbs. (bulbettes? they're so tiny) However the Christmas are in storage in the shed out back and I can't get to it cause the snow has drifted up again the door, so...the lights may be the only decorations on it! There is one lone crocheted snowflake on it that I found on the floor and am really not sure where it came from?

I won some more of the lottery. Yesterday while grocery shopping I cashed in the previous winning ticket and bought another one (thereby reducing my previous winnings to $8) and glory be I won another $12. I may just win a whole million $12 at a time!! Stranger things have happened....maybe.

I'm working diligently on Mom's red shawl in hopes of having it finished by Monday to give to her when we go up for my aunt's funeral but I don't know if I will.

Okay think I'll go now. Sweet dreams of reindeers and a fat man in a red suit and world peace and sugarplums. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CurliSu said...

Anita, here's my 2009 tree story:
I was in a humbug spirit, we were planning to have Christmas at Sarah's house, and I didn't really care about putting up a tree.
My son's family put their tree up Thanksgiving weekend, and 4-year-old Theo had so much fun he called me and asked to come help me put up mine.
I stalled him off until last Saturday. We got my ancient 4-foot artificial tree off the garage shelf, and helped me put it together - he remembered most of the the how-to from last year. We wrapped it in the string of lights I had stuffed in the tree box, and set up the tree in a corner of my little living room. We only broke one bulb in the process.
Still feeling humbuggish, I didn't go back to the garage for the ornament box. He found one in the tree box, made of construction paper by my 37-year-old Melissa when she was in Kindergarten. I let him hang that one, plus the crocheted snowflake ornament that Polly gave me at her party last Tuesday.
Our Christmas blizzard forced us to postpone our family get-together until tomorrow, and the poor street conditions convinced us all that it would be easier on most of us to drive to my house instead of across town to Sarah's.
So we're all meeting here, and my little Charlie Brown-ish tree looks bright and cheery with a few lights and only two ornaments!