Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Winning is Winning!

I won the lottery......well some of it anyway......$12 to be exact. Hey! It's $10 I wouldn't have already had (after deducting the cost of the ticket). winning is winning period. This is the second time I've won--$7 the first time--I must be very lucky.

Two days till Christmas and I still haven't done my shopping. I'm planning to get started this afternoon. I need no derogatory comments, chortles, or scornful/pitying thoughts thank you very much. I've been busy.... ;).

Apparently it's going to snow here for Christmas. Rich and I will be home alone so no traveling is a good thing. Our kids are coming over on the 27th. so that should work out just fine. I've got knitting projects to finish. A red shawl for my mother and some high-top tennys for my new great-nephew. I wonder why grandchildren are called "grand" and children of nieces and nephews are called "great" instead of "grand nephew or grand neice"? Does anybody know? or is it one of those do-do-do-do things?

My Aunt Lavonna passed away yesterday. She was the last of my dad's siblings. Now there's only all of us cousins left. Hopefully we will continue to see each other and not lose touch. I looked more like this aunt than her own children do and more like her than I looked like my dad. Genetics are a funny thing. Very interesting though. you know blue eyes vs brown eyes; red hair vs blonde/dark hair. very curious.


That's her in the middle at the birthday party last year. (Mom on the left and Uncle Darrel on the right) They all turned 80 in Oct. 2008, it was a fun party. We used to have huge family gatherings on that side of the family. Lots of kids to play with and lots of fun and this bunch has terrific funny bones. Lots of laughter. I remember once at a dinner we ran out of room on the table so everyone took turns holding one of the bowls until we all were fed. Perhaps you had to be there but it makes me laugh just to think about it. My Grandma Hern was famous for her chicken and noodles (made from scratch of course) and there was no way you were leaving her house hungry.
Well guess I'd better get busy. If we don't talk again then Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays to everyone. toodles.....Anita

No comments: