Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday-Friday-Friday

OK, so I was minding my own business (for a change), riding the elevator to the basement room in the medical building where our early onset support group meets.  I had taken my cell phone out of my pocket and set it to vibrate was attempting to put it back in my pocket when it leaped out of my hand.  It made an arc in the air--very graceful, slow motion--and as I watched in disbelief, fell straight down the elevator shaft thru that very small space between the elevator and the floor after the door opens.  Never even hit the sides just went straight down and through the opening.  My first thought was oh s--t, my second, well at least it wasn't my keys so I can get home and in the house...  If my life were being threatened and I had to drop that little sucker like that or die--I'd be dead.  There is no way I could have done that in a million years.  I can't even hit a dart board on purpose!  So I had to call the head maintenance guy the next morning and hope that it hadn't shattered when it hit bottom.  He rescued it still all in one piece and found it quite amusing when he returned it to me.  I fail to see that much humor in the situation but oh well, it takes all kinds!  I did discoer that I could be without a cell phone for 16 hours and survive.   So how's been your week ? 

1 comment:

Chellie said...

This is crazy!! Can't believe the phone didn't break!
Glad you finally got the book, I've had it for a LONG time.. too bad I never accomplish anything or I would have brought it to you.. Instead you had to come to my house.. one of these days I'll get it together.. we're getting a new roof this next week too.. ours is only 2 years old.