Wednesday, July 21, 2010

just out of my mind...

Today I was driving down I-235 and a car getting on just barged over into my lane--not staying in her own lane at all and not looking.  If I hadn't been watching carefully, I would have hit her.  I slammed on the brakes and hit the horn and she flipped me off!!!  I couldn't believe it--she  cut me off nearly caused a wreck and blamed me!!  I swear.

Well guys are finally coming by to look at my roof.  That terrible hail storm we had in May totaled my roof which was only 3 months old. All the roofers have been so busy that they are just now making it by to give me estimates.  I have to get new siding too.  I really could use some down time.  My brain is exhausted with all the thnking and decision making I have to do these days. 

Rich seems to have settled in pretty well-did I already tell you that?  He's always happy to see me but it's okay when I leave too.  Sad...the long slow death. 

I'm knitting a "Spring is in the Air" shawlette.  It's crescent shaped, I like those better than triangles.  I'm using pink Lorna's Laces sock yarn and clear beads with a pink cast.  It's really going to be pretty and I'm enjoying the project too.  I'm really hooked on lace and the beads just add so much.

Did I mention that Kacie and Jimmy are getting married? In October.  I'm glad for them. 

I'm reading "Skein of the Crime" by Maggie Sefton.  It's okay, very light.  Her first few books weren't all that good but it's a knitting mystery and it fills a niche.  She's getting much better--has progressed to hardbacks from the paperbacks.  Monica Ferris also writes a needlework series and I really like her.  So many books, so little time.  I'm listening to James Pattrerson in  the car and I've got Debbie Macomber waiting on me.  Also Earlene Fowler, Carolyn Hart, and Susan Wittig Albert.   Like I said....

Well just thought I'd ramble on a bit, pretty quiet around here, stay tuned.....toodles, Anita

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha this cracks me up: I was re-reading some of my posts when I found a comment from you about re-reading some of YOUR posts and finding MY comment! That just made me laugh so I thought I'd share.

The hail storm was horrible! Poof roof :(

CurliSu said...

Hi! I'm finally reading your blog. You have a nice style of writing.
Love ya!