Friday, August 13, 2010

How lucky can a girl get?

There is no better day to have your birthday than on Friday the 13th.  Especially when it's the only one in the whole year!  I woke up this morning and thought "today is the first day of the rest of my life" come what may.  I was treated to breakfast at Jimmy's Egg, I went to work late (I don't know why I bothered) left after two hours and met Sally and Amanda for lunch--at Red Lobster!  Had a pedicure and a haircut (not at the same place).  Had lots of HB-days on Facebook, ate RL leftovers for supper and now I'm relaxing.  I began the projects on my LIST --it's kind of a pre-bucket list dealing with house repair so I can make some decisions about where I'm going to live, and just feel really good about the day.  Tomorrow, I'll get to spend time with Ellie and Holly--we share birthdays in August and have celebrated together for years, and then knit with friends!  Yep, life is  good--something I never thought I'd say again.  I know this is an odd picture to go with this post but I took that in the Yukon 3 years ago and I've always liked it.  So there!   that's it for now....

No comments: