Sunday, July 20, 2008

HOT

I really do not like this heat. I get all sweaty and itchy when I go outdoors. I have enough trouble with my own personal power surges to spend any "quality" time outdoors right now. It's dash out the door, check the tomatoes, dash back in. My talents lie more indoors: cooking, knitting, singing and playing, etc.

Bryan took Richard yesterday morning for an over-nighter. I've been cleaning all day. Saturday I rested and played. It's hard to even clean when he's here because he follows me around so close and wants to help but...doesn't help even when he tries.

I really need to get rid of some of my "stuff". (Not knitting stuff or music stuff but other stuff.) I seem to have too much furniture for the size of our house but I have several antiques that I absolutely love and the rest of the furniture is necessary for sitting upon or eating upon, so I'm sort of caught between a rock and hard place. (How many of us still eat at the table or do you just trot your plates to TV trays in front of the you-know-what? I'll bet we're not the only ones who do that when it's just the 2 of us!) Anyhow, back to subject, with 2 families living in one house, it's a challenge. We get along just fine but we are crowded. That's okay, I'll really miss them when they leave.

I cut up an ice cream sandwich for Carter the other day and he stared at it a bit (didn't recognize it) picked it up dropped it and said "hot!" which makes sense if you think about it. He knows hot cause he burned his fingers on the iron awhile back. He has learned to jump up in the air and both his feet actually leave the ground at the same time. He's been working really hard on learning that. I don't remember all this stuff from my own kids. Either they're too old, I'm too old, or I was just too busy to take note of these exquisite little moments.

I finally got control of my Forest Canopy Shawl and it's coming along fine now. I can work on it in a group now but it took a while. Yesterday I was at Gourmet Yarn in the afternoon and had to laugh. There was a big crowd and everyone was pawing through the bags of Noro Sock Yarn both Kureyon and Silk Garden. The colors are so absolutely beautiful it's almost impossible to resist it--and I didn't. I brought home 1 skein of S8--greens and blues for probably socks, and 2 of S264 which is turquoise-y and light brown-ish and blue and who knows what other colors are in there that I can't see yet but the whole things looks like my sister so I think she'll be getting a scarf for her birthday or Christmas. It was really funny, Sandy and David were trying to put price stickers on the lables and they couldn't keep up with us. Linda P. came by with Nina and it was good to see them and hear a little bit about camp, but she was headed home for a nap and a ballgame--at the same time I think! Polly was there and Liz and Karen and Martha, and some others but I don't remember who all. I've got to take some pictures and post of my new stuff and projects.

I watched "The Other Boelyn Girl" last night. Good movie but what a terrible time to have lived--royalty being so difficult and all. English history is facinating. I've always enjoyed the Phillippa Gregory books even though uit's been a while since I read them. I'm planning to watch "Knocked UP" this afternoon. I saw the "Waterhorse' a couple weeks ago and it's really cute. I finished "1st. to Die" by James Patterson-wow. I've ordered "@nd Chance" now-I think I'll need to read the whole series. I'm reading "Final Notice" by Jo Dereske a Helma Zukas, Librarian mystery. They're pretty entertaining.

I am so aggravated that Guild was cancelled this month. I coildn't go last month but I can this month but now I can't cause we aren't having it. I should have just invited everyone over to my house!

For now, I think it's lunch time-guess I'll go see what leftovers I have in the fridge! Then possibly nap time if all goes well! toodles, Anita

No comments: