Monday, September 1, 2008

Wow

I just finished watching a press conference about the temporary center for evacuees from New Orleans and the surrounding area during Hurrican Gustav here in OKC. I am so proud of our City. The police department, United Way, Red Cross, religious communities, mental health, animal control, and more were prepared to help. We were able, willing and ready to take these people in. Everyone who arrived was registered and put in an internet location so family can locate them, they're running warrant reports on everyone and 3 people have been taken to jail, people with unsavory "history" are being housed other places. Pets are here and owners can visit. There are cots, food, and supplies for all. I tell ya, everything has been thought of. 400 people were expected, 1800 arrived, they are prepared for 2000, but 4000 could be housed if necessary. All who are in charge are calm, organized and prepared. Wow

OTN A Fiesta Ballet scarf, a Summer Lace Shawlette of Fiesta Boomerang, a Noro Silk Garden scarf, a Fixation sock, a Christmas stocking of Encore from last year, a multi-directional scarf of Miss Priss----can anybody say UFO? Oh and I forgot the vest of Plymouth Baby Alpaca! Oh well, I guess they'll all get finished sooner or later---or not! I'm also frogging a Heartbeat sweater of Schaffer Laurel--love the yarn didn't love the pattern. I seem to need more concrete instructions rather than follow pattern till it fits. Maybe I'll try again later when my life is calmer. When one never knows what to expect it's easier to have directions that I can just follow!


I went to GY yesterday to take Nina a birthday card and visit a bit and Kay and Margie were there, Carol, Ellen and Polly all came in, and Nina and Pat after their lunch. Then DH and I went to the Arts Festival at OCCC with friends and looked at art, ate, and listened to music. It was a good day. And I think, I'll close on that note. Happy Labor Day--or in my case No-Labor Day!!! : ) toodles......Anita

The picture is my mother, a grandchild and her son-in-law aka as Richard, my DH.

No comments: