Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter weekend

Friday I left work at lunch to finish grocery shopping for the weekend. Have you ever noticed that you go in the grocery store intending to pick up less than ten items that happen to be on a list and leave with umpteen bags having spent $101??? Oh well, I guess we'll eat it all sooner or later. My Mom arrived Friday afternoon for the weekend and we had a pleasant Friday evening. Meant to go to church services but somehow didn't make it.
Saturday we all went to my sisters house for a family dinner. There were 7 great-grands there, 3 who are 17 months, 14 months, and 11 months. Busy busy little boys. One baby girl 6 weeks old--so precious--and a 16-year old, an 11 year old, and a 7 year old-all girls. It was ...shall I say...wild and crazy? The baby boys were funny and cute, all first-time Easter Egg hunters but they seemed to get the idea pretty well. We all got a share of holdng tiny Katie and went home full of food and entertainment. and had a nap....



















This morning up and to church--I was singing in the choir, then home finish dinner and sit down whew!! Mom left about 3:00 and guess what--nap time again!! Two! hours later I wake up and hope I'll sleep tonight. Gosh what a fast day and a fun weekend.



Oh yes, for my RKR (required knitting reference) I'm still working diligently on my Lady Eleanor. It's not going as fast as I want byt it's getting there. I also spent some time on the bunny pattern in the March Creative Knitting. It's cute, but the pattern needs stream-lining. Too many stops and starts.

3 comments:

CurliSu said...

Looks like a wonderful day. All that fun, and naps to boot!

Emily said...

Hope you're feeling better!

Happy Easter!

Carolyn said...

What cute kids! Looks like an awesome kind of day to me!!!